Tuesday, June 9, 2009

And more pictures!








Here are some pictures from Today - the primary school in Arusha. We visited several classrooms (ranging from K-7). The students were very friendly, well-behaved, and eager to talk and play with us. The students sang songs for us and greeted us in English, which they have learned so well in just a short span of time.

The teachers were wonderful as we exhanged information on the differences between Tanzanian and American education systems. There are very few counselors in the Tanzanian school systems. The teachers seemed fascinated with my position within my school and have requested to speak to me when we return to the school in a couple of weeks - to ask me about how to work with students with difficult home situations and how to find (or create) resources. I am honored and can't wait to speak with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment